“Telling an untold story, seeing someone who is not.
Plywood walls, models in pretense laid-back poses and flashes faking the sun.
Everything is a lie, yet it finds its purpose in telling the truth.
It’s a lie which conveys.
A lie that excites.”
My name is Gonzaga, I’m a director and photographer and I’m mainly focused on advertising and artistic work.
My work speaks about what I feel, what I dream, what surrounds me. About that argument I had with a taxi driver, about the girl I met last summer, about getting lost and finding myself, about my dog and his little fixations. Telling stories and crafting characters is a passion, but also a necessity.
I believe in hard work, planning and attention to detail. We break our backs building sets and shaping light to get THAT atmosphere, THAT color. And we have so much fun doing it.
I’ve had the pleasure to work for clients like Volkswagen, Coca-Cola, Ikea, Mahou, Once, McDonald’s and FC Barcelona, and with agencies like DDB, McCann-Erickson, El Ruso de Rocky, Contrapunto BBDO and TBWA. Some of these works have been awarded at important international festivals, others haven’t. As a director of photography I have worked along such prestigious Spanish directors as Isabel Coixet, Javier Fesser, Borja Cobeaga and Julio Medem.
I also give courses and lectures on light and photography. I’ve given conferences in Lima, Buenos Aires, Venecia, Madrid, Panamá, Bogotá, Santiago de Chile, Morocco…
Being able to turn your passion into your profession is a great privilege. I’m thankful to all my teammates and people who make it happen every day.
- Best Shortfilm & Audience Award | Tally Short Film Festival, Tallahassee, USA
- 43 selections and 19 awards at international festivals for the short film Fortune-teller
- First Prize | International Bavarian Short Film Festival
- Audience Award | Anonimul International Independent Film Festival
- First Prize | Arlington International Film Festival
- First Prize | Golden Dragonfly International Film Festival
- Special Mentionl | Festival Internacional de Cine Fantástico Mar de Plata
- Lürzers Archive 200 Best Ad Photographers worldwide
- 183 selections and 59 awards at international festivals for the short film Eden Hostel
- Best Director | Semana del Cine de Medina del Campo
- First Prize | Vilmos Zsigmond Film Festival
- Best Comedy | Worldfest Houston
- First Prize | LA Indie Film Fest
- Second Prize | Boomfest Texas
- First Prize | Tally Shorts Film Festival
- First Prize | Winchester Short Film Festival
- Gen NEXT | Broncolor winner
- 3rd best spanish photographer | El Publicista
- 1st place PX3 Prix de la Photographie Paris | Advertising
- Gold PX3 Prix de la Photographie Paris | Fine Art
- Gold PX3 Prix de la Photographie Paris | Automotive
- Honorable Mention PX3 Prix de la Photographie Paris | Fashion
- Bronze International Photography Awards | Advertising automotive
- Honorable Mention Int’l Photography Awards | Fashion
- Honorable Mention Int’l Photography Awards | Fine Art
- Gold Px3 Prix de la Photographie Paris | Advertising
- Silver Px3 Prix de la Photographie Paris | Fine Art
- Winner Photo District News Photo Annual
- Winner Communication Arts Photo Annual
- Silver SOL | Festival Iberoamericano EL SOL [ Press ]
- Silver SOL | Festival Iberoamericano EL SOL [ Outdoor ]
- Shortlist Sony World Photography Awards
- Shortlist Cannes Lions [ Outdoor ]
- Bronze CdeC
- Int’l Photography Awards | Second Place
- Int’l Photography Awards | Eight Honorable Mentions
- Shortlist Epica Awards 2014
- Shortlist Eurobest Awards 2014 | Outdoor Automotive
- Gold AMPE [ Press ]
- Gold SOL | Festival Iberoamericano EL SOL [ Press ]
- Gold AMPE [ Press ]
- Silver SOL | Festival Iberoamericano EL SOL [ DMK ]
- Bronze EFFIE